Pages

Thursday, August 05, 2004

A look back at 1984

Dang, Can't beleive that it's been 20 years since what I consider the best year of my life to be! I consider 1984 to be the best year of my life because I started to grow up, and finally had some semblance of a childhood, because of all the stuff I'd had been through. I started to listen to rock music, much to the chagrin of my parents. I remember staying up all hours of the morning, trying to find songs I liked and taping them on my old boom box. Also, (unfortunately?) I became aware of the existence of girls. There was the 1 girl, by the name of Carolyn Riceman, that particularly caught my eye. I was head over heels in love with her, but alas, the feeling wasn't mutual. I tried every thing to get her to go out with me, but no dice. I think if I'd tried that today, I'd be in jail for stalking:P Sometimes, when I'm laying in bed at night, and I'm feeling down, I close my eyes and take a trip back to those days.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

1984 was the year I was born, so of course it is important. And I know what you are saying. Slthough that year I wasn't listening to rock music or trying to pick up girls, I remember the first times I started listening to "the devil's music." It was a huge success when my parents let me buy the LeAnn Rhimes tape. It was mostly Christian songs, butI thought... maybe one day I will be cool now. Maybe I will actually know what people are talking about when they talk about secular music. I don't think that ever happened, but I enjoy my own personal style. (If I keep rambling my post is going to be longer than yours, hehe)