Or Click HERE
Once again, here’s my yearly Christmas wish list, feel free to get any of these:
1: Arrow Season 2 on DVD
2: Pretty Little Liars Season 4 on DVD
3:Amazon or Google Play gift cards
4: Clothes, email me for my size
5: Any book you’d think I’d like
6: Any good Ship or airplane model
7: If all else fails, money!
It seems like the news media makes it look like there is death and destruction everywhere. If ISIS isn’t coming for you, you’re going to get Ebola, or some disgruntled person that goes postal is a middle east trained terrorist. Unless you’re on the battlefield, or in a Hot Zone, you’re probably safe, but it doesn’t hurt being careful and watching out for anything unusual.
A few weeks ago, I told you that I had reconnected with Melissia, an old friend of mine who I hadn’t talked to in a couple of years. What I hadn’t realized is that she has dramatically changed. Where once there was a level headed person, she is now a conspiracy theory freak. It’s kind of sad. What happened?!
My Baltimore Orioles are now up 2 games to none in their best of 5 American League Division Series against the Detroit Tigers. So far, this has been a total team effort. Clutch relief pitching and timely hitting in today’s cameback win, and a dominating pitching performance by Chris Tillman and a team postseason record 8 run 8th inning in last night’s game. Now the series moves to Detroit, where a win on Sunday will send the O’s to the League Championship Series for the first time Since 1997. Is this the year?
It’s that time of the year again! Monday is my birthday, so if you’re in the giving mood, here’s what I’d like:
The Originals Season 1 on DVD (Comes out on Sept 2, the day after my birthday)
Any kind of clothes ( Email me for my sizes, I’m sure not gonna post it on here)
Books 2 and 3 of The Vampire Diaries: The Return series
Books 2 and 3 of The Vampire Diaries: The Hunters Series
Any of the Pretty Little Liars books
Any airplane or ship model kit
Amazon Gift Cards
And of course: MONEY!
The death of Michael Brown is a true Tragedy. An 18 year old cut down before he could experience life. What else is tragic is the looting and rioting. Please let the investigations be carried out, and if it is determined that Officer Wilson did use improper deadly force, then he should be prosecuted. Violence won’t bring Mike back, but reporters and peaceful protesters practicing their 1st Amendment rights should not be hassled by the police either!
You Know You're From Northern Virginia If...
1. Speed limits are just suggestions
2. You take a major highway to get anywhere (95, 66,28, etc)
3. You constantly complain about there being nothing to do, even though you are right next to DC
4. You have at least 2 friends who have no idea what their parents do because its "top secret" government work
5. 50% of your senior class went to either Mason, JMU, Tech, Radford, or UVA
6. When people ask where you're from, you tell them DC because its easier to explain
7. You've never told someone you're from Virginia without putting "northern" in front of it
8. You dread going to the DMV for anything
9. Its not actually tailgating unless your bumper is touching the car in front of you.
10. A yellow light means at least 5 more cars car get through.
11. A red light means 2 more can.
12. It takes you 30 minutes to drive 10 miles
13. Your local news is national news
14. If you hear the word "sniper" one more time you're going to slap someone
15. You actually know what the black boxes at stoplights are for
16. You drive at least 30 miles a day to get to work
17. You do your Christmas shopping online b/c the shopping malls are like parking lots
18. Despite the fact that Virginia fought for the south in the Civil War, you are NOT, under ANY circumstances, a "southerner"
19. You know that each high school in the region had it's own corresponding McDonald's.
20. You know at least 2 people who drive a mercedes, BMW, Lexus, etc.
21. The cars in the local high school's student parking lot are woth 3x those in the teacher parking lot.
22. You are amused by visiting relatives who are actually excited to see Washington DC
23. You are amazed when you go out of town and the people at McDonalds speak english
24. You can cross 4 lanes of traffic in under 30 seconds
25. There are at least 3 malls within 20 minutes of your house
26. There are at least 6 Starbucks within 20 minutes of your house
27. You or someone in your family has a Smart Tag
28. You remember the Air and Space museum fondly from school fieldtrips to DC
29. When traveling, you have your choice of 3 airports
30. You don't actually like the Wizards (except when Jordan was playing)
31. An inch of snow and you miss 3 days of work
32. All the potholes just add a little excitement to your driving experience
33. Stop signs mean slow down a little, but only if you feel like it
34. A rich white kid driving a BMW while blasting rap music is a common occurance
35. You call things "ghetto" even though in most of the rest of the country it'd be high class
36. You don't have enough room on your home lot to build a garage
37. You know where to find Midgetville
38. When you were driving on the beltway at 2:13am on a Tuesday there was still traffic
39. Crown Victoria = undercover cop or Teresa Smoot
40. A slow driver is someone who isn't going at least 10mph over the speed limit
41. You understand the meaning of "If you don't get it, you don't get it"
42. Subway is a fast food place. The transportation system is known as Metro, and only Metro
43. You've taken a wrong turn somewhere late at night and ended up in a bad part of DC
44. Most of Loudoun County is the "middle of nowhere"
45. They just tore down the old farm house across the street and put 12 new houses in its place
46. You know who Elliott is.
47. Someone has honked at you because you didn't peal out the second the light turned green.
48. You've honked at someone because they didn't peal out the second the light turned green.
49. Two words: rush hour
50. For the cost of your house, you could own a small town in Iowa
51. Helicopters, F-15s, and airplanes flying above your neighborhood is a normal occurance.
52. If you stay on the same road long enough, it will eventually have 3 new names.
Here Is a site that argues that parents are going way overboard when it comes to protecting kids. Just because you let your kids play outside, walk to school on their own, or spend the night at a friend’s DOES NOT automatically mean that they will be kidnapped, molested, or murdered. It’s OK to be wary, but let kids be kids and have a normal life!
Our thought and prayers go out to the families and friends of those killed on the Malaysian Airlines flight shot down over Ukraine. War does not discriminate between those fighting and the innocent. Hopefully, whoever was responsible will be brought to justice.
This is a bit of Vampire Diaries fan fiction I’m writing and hoping to get published on Amazon. In this, Damon and Stefan meet the Originals in 1864, and later, a twist to what you know about the show!
Chapter 1-Mystic Falls-1864
“Boys, We’ve got new boarders, come help them with their baggage, please”, Father called to Stefan and I. It was a lazy late summer day, and Stefan and I were enjoying the beautiful weather, and generally loving life. I had decided that soldiering wasn’t my cup of tea, so when I took leave from my unit, I decided not to go back. The war was about over, in my opinion, and I know a loser when I see one. Like I was really going to get into trouble, as the Confederacy was in total shambles by the summer of 1864.
As Stefan and I made our way to the carriage to help our new boarders out, I looked over at the window of the house and saw the beautiful Katherine Pierce, our other boarder, smiling and waving at us. She had been staying with us for a few weeks, and her company was most sincerely welcome. Her beauty attracted both Stefan and I, and I prayed that our close brotherhood would not be ruined because of any possible competition to win her affections we may have.
Stefan and I walked over to the carriage and our new guests made their way down and one, who looked to be the man in charged, introduced them. “I’m Niklaus Mikaelson, and these are my brothers Elijah and Kol, and my sister Rebekah. We’re here from England, looking for a location to start a shipping business, and your boarding house was recommended as a place to stay as we make our way to the Virginia coast.”
After Stefan and I carried their luggage to the guest house, Father came over and invited the Mikaelsons to lunch. As we walked down the pathway to the main house, I looked and saw Katherine and her companion Emily climbing aboard their carriage. I went over and asked where they were going. “We’re going into town to do some shopping we’ll be back in a few hours” Katherine said as she placed a kiss on my forehead. She looked a bit concerned as she rode off, but It didn’t register in my mind at the time.
Sitting down with our guests at the table, Rebekah sat across from me. She had such a beautiful smile, and both her golden hair and blue eyes sparkled in the afternoon sun coming through the window.
It’s nice reconnecting with old friends! I just finished talking to Melissia, an old friend of mine from Yahoo chat days! I hadn’t talked to her or seen her online for maybe 4 years, I had thought maybe she had quit the online life, but she had been using Myspace, which I hadn’t been on in a while. Time to catch up!
Sexting with 16 and 1`7 year olds while your son is cooking to death in your car.
Looked up “child free life” online
If all of this is just coincidence, then he has to be the unluckiest man in the world!
Some people just don’t need to be parents!
Dad went to the doctor today for his second group of hormone blocking shots. They seem to be working, his prostate is shrinking, and the shots they gave him today are different they wont make him hurt like the first ones did. He doesn’t go back for 2 months, and they might start radiation then.
Do you think parents are overprotective these days? It seems like kids can’t have a childhood these days. You probably could blame it on the news, as it seems like every day, you hear/see things about kids being kidnapped, molested, murdered, and otherwise abused. Concern is one thing, paranoia is another! Parents, while it is true that these things happen, it doesn’t meant that it will automatically happen to your child. Let them get out and play, just keep an eye on them, and teach them how to deal with strangers!
Looks like every day this spring training you’ve seen a pitcher go down for an extended period of time or the whole season due to injury:
The Braves Have lost %40 of their starting rotation, As both Kris Medlan and Brandon Beachy will miss the whole season due to each having to undergo Tommy John surgery on their elbows for the second time in their careers.
Patrick Corbin of the Diamondbacks, a 2013 All Star, will also miss the season due to Tommy John Surgery., As will the A’s Jarrod Parker.
The Red’s Aroldis Chapman, he of the 105 MPH Fastball, will miss a month after needing surgery after getting hit in the face with a line drive.
Perhaps this is a hint that the human elbow is not built to throw at a high velocity.
This article about a Michigan woman who died in the back of her car and wasn’t discovered for 6 months shows how perhaps we have become an uncaring society. Even if she had her bills auto payed, even if she traveled for her job, even if she had her mail put on hold, don’t you think one of her neighbors would have come over one day just to look and say hi, look to see if everything was OK? None of her family didn’t care that she never called or anything? Sad……
Spring Training begins soon, and we’ll see how my Baltimore Orioles will do. Competing in the AL East, probably MLB’s toughest division isn’t easy when you have 18 games a season each with the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, And Blue Jays, teams with some of the game’s best players ( Jeter, Ortiz, Longoria, Bautista among them) . But the O’s aren’t bad either. Can Chris Davis have another monster season? Can Tommy Hunter succeed as the closer? Who will be the last starter after Chris Tillman, Miguel Gonzalez, Wei-Yin Chen, and Bud Norris? Will they be able to resign Matt Weiters and JJ Hardy before they hit free agency next year? And several other questions…
This episode in a Utah elementary school, where several students had their lunches taken away from them and thrown away because their accounts were low or at negative balance could have been handled better on both sides. First off, perhaps the lunch line could be rearranged, with the students having their cards checked to see if they had enough funds on them. We know that it’s policy that the food had to be thrown away, as unseemly as it looks. And on the kids/parents side, did they really need to go on TV?
1: Going to spend the weekends with my Aunt
2: Going with my Dad to a coin auction every Thursday
3: Saturday morning cartoons
4: Playing Atari at Woolco while waiting for my Mom to get off work there.
5: Taking off with my Dad on a weekend and just driving to anywhere we ended
6: Trying to stay awake at nights even on a school night to listen to good classic rock on the radio\
7: Seeing just about every movie from the late 70’s hanging at a drive in my Mom worked at
8 : Boy Scouts-I was not the best one, but I had fun
9: Hanging out with my sister’s then boyfriend David
10: Going to the record store on Friday night
11: Showing off my knowledge to people while I was a kid
12: Spending hours in the library pouring over the books about ships
13: Watching MTV and VH1 when they actually showed videos
14: Spending time up here where I live now with my sister
A few years ago, I started writing a mystery story. It was supposed to be a murder mystery based on my experiences in school. The main character was supposed to be on the run after being set up for the murder of one of his tormentors. Well, after a few years of gathering dust, I think I’ll work on it again, and let you all know if I made any progress.