Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

The Beginning------

 

This is a bit of Vampire Diaries fan fiction I’m writing and hoping to get published on Amazon.  In this, Damon and Stefan meet the Originals in 1864, and later, a twist to what you know about the show!

 

Chapter 1-Mystic Falls-1864

“Boys, We’ve got new boarders, come help them with their baggage, please”, Father called to Stefan and I. It was a lazy late summer day, and Stefan and I were enjoying the beautiful weather, and generally loving life. I had decided that soldiering wasn’t my cup of tea, so when I took leave from my unit, I decided not to go back. The war was about over, in my opinion, and I know a loser when I see one. Like I was really going to get into trouble, as the Confederacy was in total shambles by the summer of 1864.

As Stefan and I made our way to the carriage to help our new boarders out, I looked over at the window of the house and saw the beautiful Katherine Pierce, our other boarder, smiling and waving at us. She had been staying with us for a few weeks, and her company was most sincerely welcome. Her beauty attracted both Stefan and I, and I prayed that our close brotherhood would not be ruined because of any possible competition to win her affections we may have.

Stefan and I walked over to the carriage and our new guests made their way down and one, who looked to be the man in charged, introduced them. “I’m Niklaus Mikaelson, and these are my brothers Elijah and Kol, and my sister Rebekah. We’re here from England, looking for a location to start a shipping business, and your boarding house was recommended as a place to stay as we make our way to the Virginia coast.”

After Stefan and I carried their luggage to the guest house, Father came over and invited the Mikaelsons to lunch. As we walked down the pathway to the main house, I looked and saw Katherine and her companion Emily climbing aboard their carriage. I went over and asked where they were going. “We’re going into town to do some shopping we’ll be back in a few hours” Katherine said as she placed a kiss on my forehead. She looked a bit concerned as she rode off, but It didn’t register in my mind at the time.

Sitting down with our guests at the table, Rebekah sat across from me. She had such a beautiful smile, and both her golden hair and blue eyes sparkled in the afternoon sun coming through the window.

No comments: