Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Religion And Politics

I am totally outraged with the news that a preacher made members of his church who didn't support Bush leave. This goes to show you how close our country is getting to becoming a theocracy. I am a Christian, Democrat, and a Bush hater, and if my preacher ever made me leave because of my political views, I would never step into a church again. The religious right is getting to much power in our society. It's ok for a preacher to have politcal views, but when you start forcing them on your congregation, that's something totally innaprorpriate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could be wrong, it's been known to happen, but the way I heard it was that the members who left the congregation, did so voluntarily, because they didn't agree with the pastors political views. That is a WHOLE lot different than him making them leave. He has every right to his opinions, political or otherwise, just as they have every right to leave. But if they are searching for a church or pastor who will agree with them all the time, they'll be searching for a LONG time! They might have trouble finding a real man of God who will endorse any candidate who supports murdering babies also.

hypnoticstate said...

I just had my blog spammed by someone who thinks i'm a bush hater, had some anti bush stuff on my blog ! anyway alls funny, he/she called me a kerry cock sucker, the irony ? i'm english ! my reply ? yeah we have a two party system as well.

"ever feel like you're being cheated?" - Johnny Lydon - Sex Pistols

over and out