Pages

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Weight Wars

Well for those of you who are new readers, lemme tell ya bout my biggest problem. I'm fat. That's it, I'm fat1 I'm 4"10 and 250 ish, so you can see I need to lose a few. Weight has been my enemy since I was 9 or 10, and I seem to be losing the battle. I don't each much, I run a treadmill, and I walk a lot, but nothing seems to be happening. I'll try anything but one thing I WILL NOT DO is undergo that stomach surgery that lots of people go through these days. I am a firm believer in trying to solve your own problems, and I am absolutley terrified about having surgery. Oh well, at least I'm trying.

3 comments:

Emerald said...

I wish you much success. I just joined Weight Watchers and it's starting out pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I, too, am battling weight and finally got up the nerve to post about it on my blog. It seems there are a lot of us out there.

Anonymous said...

hi billy - maybe you are not eating ENOUGH of the "right" foods - i've fought this darn weight thing my entire life and ruined my thyroid in the process - life-time yo-yo dieter - no more, though - i finally realized that you NEED food to fuel your body - and the less food i ate, the less my body seemed to require - i was always tired and listless, etc. - when i fianlly started eating correctly - for me, that's about 6 small meals a day - and exercising on a DAILY basis, plus working out to increase my strength, i began to find a whole new "me" - one who is living a much healthier and happier life now - i no longer live to eat - but eat to live - good luck with everything - unless you've "been there", i don't think people who have never had a weight problem "really" understand - they think overweight people are lazy,eat too much, and look at them as second class citizens - i can say these things, because i've experienced them first hand - NOT FUN - so keep on truckin', billy - if you want to talk one-on-one about this ever, just email or pm me - hang in there!!! luv ya - kay