Pages

Friday, June 17, 2005

A Numistmatical Mystery

I will give the answer to this mystery tomorrow.

A man is in a hardware store, buys some stuff and pays for it with a $100 bill. The person at the register looks the bill over and says "I'm calling the police, this is counterfeit!" The next person in line says, "Sir, I collect coins and currency, can I look this bill over?" The cashier says "Sure, but I'm telling you, it's fake. See, there's no "In God We Trust on the reverse. " " So, our interpid collector checks the bill out and in seconds says " Let this man through, this bill's genuine." So my question is: What did the collector know that the cashier didn't?

1 comment:

Hypatia Theon said...

I'm sure I don't know, but here's the answer to another numismatic mystery.

Regards, Hypatia Theon