Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2005

The new Battlestar Galactica

I've been watching the new Battlestar Galactica on Sci Fi Channel, and I love it! It took me a while to accept Starbuck as a women, but she's tougher then Dirk Benedict's charcter in the original series, though cigars are sooo unlady like. Edward James Olmos' Portrayal of Commander Adama is more militaristic then the late Lorne Greene's version, but both are great leaders. Jamie Bamber's portrayal of Captain Apollo is just about even with Richard Hatch, though I'd give the original a slight edge. The new Portayal of Colonel Tigh could be improved. He is a major jerk, and drunk all the time. Boomer could also use some improvement, even though she's a cylon. The new version of Baltar is great. I love James Callis' mad scientist version a lot more then the power hungry traitor played by the late John Colicos. As for the Cylons's I'd rather surrender to Number Six then the original "walking toasters." The new special effects are great. I love the new renderings of the Galactica, the Viper, and the Cylon ships, though they retain some familiarity from the original. This is a great show, and I hope it lasts!

No comments: