Pages

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

MY PARENTS GREATEST FIGHTS

Over the years, my Parents have had some major fights! The bad thing is that they're about stupid shit! Here's some of the ones I remember:


1994-Dad takes too long finding a new Job-they tear up everything in the house, throw dishes around and break everything. Even I got in on that one, I kicked a hole in my wall out of frustration.


1996-Dad forgets to put his paycheck in the bank-Mom kicks him out for 2 days.

1997-Dad makes a stupid joke-They dont talk for a month.

1998-They get in a fight over pizza-Dad takes his clothes, throws them in the yard, and burns them.

2000-My Mom goes into her room to read, hears me yelling at the dogs to get off me, thinks Dad is molesting me, kicks him out for a week.

2001-I go into my room early to put clothes away, Mom thinks once again that Dad did something to me, they carry on for a couple days.

My sisters always said when they were kids that when Mom didn't get her way, she always yelled molestation.

2002-Dad lights a cig in car, runs into a ditch, she packs up and leaves for a day.

1998-We buy TILE to put on the kitchen floor, they get into a fight over weather it's tile or carpet.


Well that's enough, I think ya get the point.


2 comments:

Agate said...

Hey, it sounds like you have a fun family! At least they keep things interesting.

Anonymous said...

Billy - I would say the fact that you have held onto each fight - including years - says something about you and what you need to deal with in you own life. I am impressed that they are still together, too many times people decide to bag the marriage over a stupid misunderstanding because its easier to give up than to stay together. You should be focusing more on that fact than dwelling on each and every fight. Honestly Billy, I truly like you. I think you're bright, funny and loyal. However I don't think that you will be truly happy until you let go of some of the things that you cannot change personally and work on changing the things that you do have control over. You're not a little boy anymore, helpless and depending on others for everything. One of these days you will find that breaking free from the crap in the past will free you in many other ways. It will free you to find who YOU are, apart from your family and your past. Just think about it :)