Pages

Monday, July 05, 2004

Coin Collecting

My Favorite hobby is Coin Collecting. I've been collecting for over 20 years. My first coin, which I still have, was a 1940-D Nickle that my Aunt gave me. So I thought "Man this is cool" and began collecting in earnest. Also at that time, my Mom was working at a Woolco store, and they sold coins there too. I was a frequent customer there, and blew my fair share of bucks. Later, I found a coin shop in Arlington, Va and every Thurday night for 5 years, My Dad and I went to their auction. I remember one night, we spent $250 on coins, which did not impress my Mom ver much:P The worst day of my life was the day that store closed:P These Days,I dont collect much except for the new quarters, beause I dont live near any coin shops, but 3 years ago I made a big purchase. I boought a 1934 series $500 bill at a hobby store in Md., and It was the best $750 I've ever spent! Coin collecting may be an expensive hobby, but I recommend it to everyone. You can learn a lot about history from coins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How do you get the money to purchase such expensive toys with no job? I would like to know your secret.