Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chat Etiquette

I have been an internet chatter going on 10 years, and have observed some actions that I find totally irritating. Here are some hints to make sure the person you chat with doesn’t put you on ignore:

1: In yahoo chat, buzzing is rude.

2: If someone takes longer then 2 seconds to reply to you, don’t start saying are you there.

3: Don’t Ask ASL: That’s What Profiles are for.

4: You don’t need to know what I look like, so don’t ask for a pic or to look at my cam. If I want to show you them, I will some later time, should I deem you worthy.

5: You don’t need to know about my job, my parents, or the rest of my family. Again, if I think you’re worthy of that info, I’ll give it to you.

6: It is none of your damn  business why I’m 37 and still single and have no kids.

7: No, I don’t want to talk to you on the phone if you’re from India/Africa/ Etc.

8: No, I don’t want to fly to India/Africa/Pakistan.   I’m afraid of flying. I know God will protect me, but I’m not taking any chances.

9: NO I WILL NOT SPONSER YOU TO COME TO THE US

And last but not least:

 

A MILLION TIMES, I DON’T HAVE THE MONEY TO SEND TO EVERY SO CALLED POOR AFRICAN/INDIAN/PAKISTANI THAT ASKS, DAMMIT!!!!!!

No comments: