Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2005

4 Years

I can't believe that it's been 4 years since that day that turned the whole country upside down. I can remember what I was doing that beautiful morning of Sept. 11, 2001. I Slept in a bit late that day, then got up to help my Mom clean house. We always watch the news on CNN in the moring, so when I turned it on, about 10 mins or so after the first plane hit the WTC, I was totally in shock! At first, I thought maybe that it had been an accident, but when the 2nd plane hit, I knew that something was wrong. The attacks have affected just about every aspect of life in the US now. We're involved in a "war on terrorism" that will probably never end, Bush has got us into a war in Iraq that was started due to false information and deception on the Bush administation, and the Government is passing laws that are restricting our basic rights (The Patriot Act). The thing that really kills me is that Republicans are accusing anyone who is against the war in Iraq to be for the Terrorists. Anyone here who knows who Max Cleland is? He was a Demacratic Senator from Georgia who was defeated for reelection in 2002, because his opponent accused him of being unpatriotic because he was against the war. How the fuck can you call a man who lost both his legs and an arm after being hit by a grenade while serving in Vietnam, another dubious war. I have no respect for anyone who uses the deaths of 3,000 people for political gain, regardless of party. We Americans are tough and determined and we will preservere!

No comments: