Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2024

In The Right Place At The Right Time For The Right Reasons

Last week, my pastor gave a very profound sermon in church. In it, he gave an example of how God sent events in motion years before to bring people together in a certain situation.  I know that that has occurred in my life.  As much as a miss living where I grew up in Virginia, I think it was His will that caused us to move here to West Virginia where I live now.  Back in 1997, a friend of my Mom’s from her work invited Mom to her church.  Mom asked me to come along.  I did, even though it made me feel very uncomfortable, since I knew none of the people there at church, and since I’m a bit on the shy side, I was afraid that someone would make a wisecrack about my weight.  Amazingly, no one did, so I decided to go the next week. And the next week, and the next week…until I was finally saved in September of 97, and I haven’t looked back since.  I don’t think I would have had the chance to come to God if I had not relocated.  So God does know what he’s doing!

No comments: